It sounds a little bit crazy at first but yes sheepskin does actually keep you cool in the warmer weather – in just a few bullet points we can get to grips with the science behind it.
- Sheepskin draws moisture away from the wearer and into the heart of the fibres
- Whilst drawing moisture into the fibres, sheepskin is able to maintain a dry surface next to the skin
- Sheepskin can trap between 30-35% of its own weight in moisture
- Sheepskin is made up of natural hollow fibres so is breathable, letting air flow through it
So there you have it – how to keep your baby cool in the summer. The use of sheepskin pram liners, pushchair liners and cot mattress covers to keep baby cool is already a really popular idea across the warmer European countries. Check out the sheepskin pram liners if you are holidaying in Spain or Italy over the summer. We send out quite a few of our liners to Dubai over the summer months too !
We’ll leave you with a couple of tips for keeping baby super cool on the hottest of days.
- Try placing a small cool pack behind the sheepskin (rug, pram liner, mattress cover) and your little one will be instantly cooled – and super comfortable at the same time.
- A sheepskin liner in a car seat will not only regulate body temperature but it will keep the car seat nice and cool on a hot day